Saturday, June 21, 2014

STOP JUDGING AND SHAMING EACH OTHER!!!!

I was reading a blog from imperfect life and came across this. I thought it was so true so I wanted to share. Will you take the pledge??

No one should care about what you’re eating, why you’re eating it or how much you’re eating. It’s none of their business! And what they are eating is none of your business either, so stop judging, too!
Although we may think that our shame helps us make good choices or that our judgement helps others make better choices, the complete opposite couldn’t be more true.
When we feel ashamed about what we’re eating typically one of two things happens- 1) we eat in hiding so no one can judge us 2) we rebel and eat MORE to prove to ourselves and others that we “do what we want”.  Both of these have the exact opposite affect on what we’re trying to accomplish which is to make good, healthy choices even when those choices involve extra calories.

Let’s empower each other!  

Let’s stop judging!  

Let’s STOP EATING WITH SHAME!

Let’s eat nachos with our friends without discussing how “bad they are for us” or making excuses for wanting them!  

Let’s let go of the guilt and shame that we associate with food and just enjoy living happy, healthy lives!

Are you with me?  Are you ready to put an end to this madness?  Sign your name in the comments section below and then share this post with your friends. Let them know that you will NOT feel guilty, make excuses or try to justify eating whatever you damned well please and that they should do the same!
TAKE THE PLEDGE!

I (Alicia Contreras) Will

1) Eat a well balanced diet of whole foods- mostly protein, lots of veggies and some good healthy fats MOST of the time
2) Enjoy other stuff some of the time
3) Stop apologizing and making excuses for what I eat
4) Avoid talking about, thinking about, worrying about and obsessing about whether or not what I’m eating needs to be justified by myself or others
5) Quit questioning, scrutinizing or judging other’s food choices and instead lead by example because I’m rocking number one of this pledge
6) Encourage my friends and family to do the same
7) If someone tries to engage me in conversation that questions my food choices, I will tell them about this pledge.

I want to give credit to imperfect life checkout her blog. I took the pledge will you??

1 comment: